CFI On Campus Resources
Resources for Students
- Advertise your affiliation with a CFI On Campus Affiliate banner. Choose any one of the following: stacked, horizontal, horizontal 2, or blue background.
- Find out more about CFI On Campus
- CFI On Campus Group Affiliation Form - Affiliate your campus group to start receiving help and materials from our campus organizers.
- Email CFI On Campus for tabling supplies, event grants, advice, or answers to your burning questions!
- See our recommended media page for music, books, and podcast suggestions from other students
- Center for Inquiry regularly records talks and conference presentations in order to share them via Youtube. Check out CFI TV for the latest videos.
- Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign up for CFI On Campus email updates here.
- See what CFI Branches are near you!
- Skeptical Activism Campaign Manual
- Volunteer Management Presentation from Jen Beahan
- Event Planning Presentation from Dren Asselmeier
- Original Group Organizing Guide (PDF)
- Speakers Bureau
- Activism Posters
- Lectures and Debates - General Information
- Lecture and Debate Guide
- Darwin Day
- Campaign for Free Expression (including International Blasphemy Rights Day and Banned Books Week)
- Light the Night
- Get Out the Vote
- Carl Sagan Day
Resources for Faculty
CFI programs and resources are appreciated by students who take special interest in the foundations of science, atheism, scientific rationalism, naturalism, skepticism, secular humanism, and more. Some ways that you can assist such students:
Encourage them to join CFI On Campus, to view the website and Facebook pages, and to join the CFI On Campus newsletter on the CFI On Campus homepage.
Offer to serve as an official sponsor of a CFI On Campus affiliate group.
Subscribe to or request that your library subscribe to Free Inquiry, Skeptical Inquirer, or the philosophy journal Philo and distribute copies to an existing philosophy club or department discussion group, or other departments.
Encourage students to apply for internships and register for educational courses. Courses are offered at SUNY Buffalo and University of Oregon, Eugene, as well as online through the Center for Inquiry Institute. Internships are available at Centers in Amherst, New York City, West Michigan, and Los Angeles, and others. Contact your local CFI branch to find out more.
Contact a campus organizer to request an expert speaker or CFI representative. CFI can provide guest lectures and seminars, campus-wide debates on topics important to you and to CFI, organizational workshops, and even award-winning interactive "psychic" performances that teach students hands-on critical thinking skills.
Teach a section or a course using the resources CFI provides, such as college course syllabi, school lesson plans, extensive bibliographies, and online articles for educators and reprint articles from Free Inquiry, Skeptical Inquirer, American Rationalist and Philo. See these resources at the Young Inquirers website.
Skeptic.com has a cool section called Skepticism 101: The Skeptical Studies Curriculum Resource Center.