In addition to the unique advocacy the Center for Inquiry performs at the federal level, CFI also works with several national coalitions in order to accomplish shared goals. These groups consist of dozens of secular, civil rights, education, labor, and faith-based organizations working together to acheive shared goals. Some of the coalitions we belong to include:
- Coalition Against Religious Discrimination: works to fight President George W. Bush-era faith-based initiatives and taxpayer-funded religious discrimination.
- National Coalition for Public Education: works to prevent private and religious school voucher legislation in Congress.
- Coalition for Liberty and Justice: works to ensure that public policy protects the religious liberty of all individuals, and to oppose policies that impose one religious viewpoint on all.
- International Religious Freedom Roundtable: works to connect non-government and government organizations and officials advancing the rights to freedom of religion, belief, and expression.
- Respect for Marriage Coalition: works to end the grow support for marriage equality at the federal and state levels.
- National Safe Schools Partnership: works to foster safe schools across America by addressing issues such as bullying and harassment in Congress.