John W. Loftus
Debunking Christianity — Angola, IN
John W. Loftus is a former Christian minister and apologist with M.A., M.Div., and Th.M. degrees in Philosophy, Theology, and the Philosophy of Religion, the last of which was earned under William Lane Craig. He is the author of Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity and The Outsider Test for Faith. He edited The Christian Delusion and The End of Christianity. He has also coauthored a book with Dr. Randal Rauser titled God or Godless? One Atheist. One Christian. Twenty Controversial Questions.
John has traveled America speaking for and entertaining audiences from Ohio to New York, to Louisiana, to Texas, to Los Angeles, to Colorado, to Wisconsin, and many places inbetween. He even did a couple of gigs in Canada, and somehow passed the border checkpoint as an atheist. His website is Debunking Christianity.
Presentation Topics: --Basically all things having to do with Christianity.
- How the Outsider Test for Faith Solves the Problem of Religious Diversity
- Why I Rejected Christianity and Went to the Dark Side
- The Darwinian Problem of Evil
- Being an Apologist Makes Otherwise Intelligent People Look Stupid
- Christianity is Wildly Improbable
- If God Exists He’s Dumber Than a Box of Rocks
- Who Wrote the Bible? Not Me That’s For Sure
- The Barbaric Nature of Yahweh in the Bible
- The Strange and Superstitious World of the Bible
- How Religion Debunks Itself and Why Skeptics Don’t Really Need to Do It
John has debated David Wood, Dinesh D'Souza, and Randal Rauser. He has the distinct honor of being the only atheist with a reasonable set of credentials who William Lane Craig refuses to debate.
- Is Christianity True?
- Does God Exist?
- Is God a Moral Agent?
- Was Jesus Resurrected From the Grave?
- Is the Bible God’s Word?
- The Problem of Suffering for a Good God
- Jesus Was a Failed Prophet
- Why Should Anyone Believe Anything At All?