National LGBTQ Task Force — Washington, D.C.
Kayley Whalen is an activist who works at the intersections of humanism, racial justice, transgender and queer issues, immigration, disability advocacy and drug policy reform. She is the Digital Strategies and Social Media Manager at the National LGBTQ Task Force and the Digital Strategy Co-Director at Trans United Fund. She is multi-racial Latina/white. She skated with the DC Rollergirls under the name “Lenore Gore” for 5 years and her story “Talk Derby To Me” was published in the Lambda award-winning anthology Gender Outlaws the Next Generation. She is also an avid gamer. Kayley has a B.A. in English Literature and a minor in Women's Studies from Swarthmore College. You can follow her on Twitter.
Kayley can be contacted Email them here.Check out some of her articles below:
- Why atheists should care about transgender issues: A conversation with Kayley Whalen
- Huffington Post Profile with list of published articles
- SlutWalk and Sexual Empowerment; Humanist Network News
- A Dangerous Groundswell; the Humanist
- #StandWithMonica to end Profiling and Criminalization of Transgender Women of Color
- (In)validating Transgender Identities: Progress And Trouble In The DSM-5
- Transgender Policies: My Story (derbylife)
View some of her videos below:
2 Latina Trans Women Share Their Stories of Living with Bipolar:
#StopTransMurders - Skepticon 7: