Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Digital Marketing Generalist
The Center for Inquiry, a nonprofit organization advocating for science and secularism, is seeking a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Digital Marketing Generalist to join our web team. You’ll work closely with the web team during the redesign of our websites: evaluating and rewriting existing pages, generating ideas for new content, and implementing best practices for nonprofit marketing.
This is a full-time position located at the Center for Inquiry main headquarters in Amherst, NY. (No remote workers or freelancers need apply).
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- 1-5 years of experience in SEO and/or digital marketing.
- Experience with various SEO tools for crawling sites, keyword research, backlink analysis and more.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics & Search Console.
- Able to keep up with the rapidly evolving search engine, reputation management & content marketing industry.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Able to manage workflow effectively & meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and project management skills.
- Skills in proofing and editing content for digital platforms, writing grammatically, and a good design sense. Skill in formatting and posting website content and in making pages and postings look consistent and presentable.
- Experience with Wordpress strongly preferred.
- Perform technical site audits, including site crawls, site speed analysis, and more.
- Develop content strategy and on-page optimization around keyword research.
- Analyze opportunities for backlink acquisition and perform outreach.
- Execute recommended SEO optimizations.
- Construct ad-hoc and regular reporting around SEO performance metrics.
- Work with many departments in the organization to review and revise existing content for accuracy and web readability
- Devise and evaluate split testing of pages with the web team.
- Research nonprofit best practices for membership and donation promotions. Assist in optimizing funnels and improving ROI.
The salary for this position is competitive for the Buffalo area. CFI offers a generous package of fringe benefits, including vacation, sick leave and health insurance.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Jan 15.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer.